Monday, October 24, 2005

Damn That Telephone



Okay, I hate, I mean I HATE, telephones. I guess they're okay for emergencies or for when I want to talk to my only child abroad, but otherwise, they are shit. How many phone calls do you get that you actually want? Sorry, but my time is too valuable to tolerate your boring crap while making faces at myself in the mirrour, so I don't do it anymore. I have caller id and screen those calls - talk about the best invention in communication since the phone! If you really need something, leave me a message. Which brings me to my real sore point.
UNLISTED PHONE NUMBERS. Okay, if you think that you are so fucking important that your phone number cannot be listed or known to others or seen by me before I pick up my very own phone - then I don't want to talk to you. Would I open the front door to a person who had on a paper bag with holes cut in it and baggy black unisex clothes? NO, I would call the police. So if you want to talk to me you'd just better call me on someone's listed phone, and you'd better hope that it's someone I want to talk to when I look at the caller id.

No comments: