Thursday, January 12, 2006

Asperger's Syndrome

Hi, All! I need help and information about living with someone with Asperger's Syndrome. I know that my husband has it although he has not yet been formally diagnosed, and I don't know what to do, how or whether to tell him. He is not going to like my telling him this, but I am so sure of it, and it explains a whole lot. I cannot find any groups for spouses, so if you come across my blog and know anything about Asperger's please leave a note with any sources for information you can give me. And if your spouse has Asperger's please share with me what you are doing and how you both are learning to live with this diagnosis.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Dear Donnachloe:

I was doing a search for aspergers blogs and found yours, and wanted to try and help if I could.

I have a 9 year old (and possibly a 19 year old) with aspergers, but my husband does not have it. My father probably has a touch of aspergers, and comes from the typical aspergers/engineering background.

I did a search on Amazon.com, using the search words "aspergers relationships" and came up with about ten different books on the subject that you might find helpful. I don't know how helpful I can be, but if you need to talk, just leave a comment on my blog, which is "aspergers toolbox".

Good luck,

Kris