Thursday, January 26, 2006

What Now, My Love?

Yes, I'm talking to myself. Tomorrow my daughter-in-law flies to Michigan then after a long weekend goes back to Europe. She's relieved that she's getting out of town before the SuperBowl madness begins.
Just turned the channel and saw that Sirens is on; it's one of those movies that I can turn on and watch in the middle. It doesn't really get old. Others like that are To Die For, The Shipping News, and Heavenly Creatures, Kate Winslet's first movie. Interestingly enough, Heavenly Creatures is a true story and the character that Kate Winslet plays grew up to be Anne Perry (a pen name) who writes Victorian murder mysteries. Go figger. And, the other girl, Paul/Yvonne, became the headmistress of a girls' school in New Zealand. Oh, yeah, molding young minds, great job for someone who cold-bloodedly murdered her own mother!
Oh, and if you've never seen it, you've got to watch Psycho II: All American Girl, which has nothing to do with that idiot movie starring Christian Bale and written by Bret Easton Ellis (gag). This show is great, but you have to watch it more than once. I think that I am a cult of one where it is concerned; I can quote dialogue like I used to for Rocky Horror Picture Show (hmmm, maybe I shouldn't go there, but the '70s were so much fun, you guys!!)
My husband and I both have been too busy to talk about Asperger's. Oh, there's a conversation to come!
I hope my daughter-in-law thinks I'm taking care of her cats okay. I love them, but I know that no one could take care of them as well as she could (she brushes their teeth).
Oh, well, it's well past my bedtime or at least what should be my bedtime.



No comments: