Saturday, March 04, 2006

EEEEEEEEEEkkkkk! From a Lawyer's Wife

Okay, my husband makes a good living, and that does make me happy since I don't have the job that I did - and don't want to have it.
So don't think that I'm ungrateful. And this is not totally at lawyers per se. (I guess).

Join me in a collective scream the next time a commercial comes on about how to find mesothelioma lawyers. Please just scream as loud as you can so that you don't hear their names, and you don't have to hear about mesothelioma and how it's caused by asbestos or whatever the hell. Now don't think that I don't have sympathy for those who have this disease, but please!!!
Why don't the mesothelioma lawyers just come on and say, "
Hey, if you have a relative who has died of mesothelioma, we'll sue the bastards and give you almost two-thirds of what we win for you. This will be a win situation for everyone!" (Except, of course , for the poor guy who is dead of mesothelioma.)

Next {I'm so sick of this it could be terminal ] has got to be the commercials advertising auto insurance. At first, some of them were cute. No more.
Ask me if I want to hear about auto insurance quotes 25 times a day, every day. Ask me if I care about auto insurance quotes! (Hey, one thing about having an attorney for a husband is that he does take care of the insurance!)

I won't even go into the home equity loans, you know, the thing about mortgages where you refinance your house?
And knowing about life insurance is something that when I want to know about it I will call a life insurance salesman. (Which I have done, by the way; why would you buy this from a number on television?) And burial insurance is just plain morbid. I wish I didn't know that when you die Social Security only pays a 250.00 death benefit. Hmmm, there are 2 interesting words: death benefit.

The funny thing though is that I have a wonderful memory, but I cannot really remember the names of any of these advertisers except one, and that is only because of the little talking animal. So what are these people actually accomplishing besides boring me silly, wasting their money, and making some ad execs rich?

No comments: