Monday, April 17, 2006

Dar Does Yoga


Doesn't Darwin look like he's doing yoga?
I'm getting ready to go to Chicago, and unhappily just found out that it's going to be cool (cold at night) and a bit drizzly. Yuk!
However, it's worth walking through the rain to get to the Art Institute, and I'm looking forward to seeing some favorites once again. I'm also looking forward to some decent vegetarian food, so if anyone out there know a good veg restaurant downtown or a good Indian restaurant, leave me a note, please.
We're driving this time, not flying, and I'm looking forward to having the alone time with DH to talk with him some about money and spending. He is so afraid to spend money that it's getting ridiculous! Things get old (like carpet after 22 years) and need to be replaced. I still think he's angry at me deep down for quitting the college (even though he says that he isn't), but it was killing me to stay there, and I've been so happy since I've been running my online business from home. I've learned so much and enjoy my days completely. The only thing is that for the first time in my life, I have insomnia, not because I'm anxious, or afraid, (as was the case all my life), but because I'm so excited, and because I just want to stay up and continue working. I can always improve my site, add pages, compress photos. I love this! And I'm learning so much which is really great since at the college, I couldn't find anyone to have an intelligent conversation with (yes, faculty included), anyone who had read anything lately that wasn't a bestseller, or anyone who even talked about anything entertaining (no, I don't really find local gossip entertaining).
The strained rotator cuff is getting better, but it still hurts, and especially hurts at night - or is more noticeable at night. Of course it doesn't help that Darwin thinks that my left arm is his special pillow to rest his head on when he's ready to sleep, and according to him -I'd better not move it.

2 comments:

Nico Bell said...

Your cat looks just like my cat does when he's asleep! (Funny how all black cats look alike...)

Keith said...

hehe... Dar just looks really Conten & Comfy...