Friday, April 28, 2006

Photo courtesy of Guppyman
Back from Chicago, and angry because I spent one day of my time there in bed...Hurting! But I found a great pair of Cole-Haan loafers that were half what I paid for the same pair in a different colour last August.
I put the flower there because I have to have a picture on my blog.
Pondering my hermit status (high-tech hermit). The weather is getting warmer, so my mood is getting better and I like going out in the car. The problem is that this is a dreary little town of 18,000 people (when I moved here, there were 24,000) and there is really no where to go. So if you are reading this, and thinking about cute little small towns: the town is not cute, there are no small quaint shops, and the only restaurants are fast-food chains. There is one restaurant at the Holiday Inn and a Mexican restaurant at the Best Western, and that's it. No Starbucks. No donut shop. NOT ONE BAKERY. There is only one dress shop to buy clothes and they are not that nice and overpriced for what they are. I have to drive to Memphis if I want to buy a blouse (other than online) or just about anything else but groceries. But I go to a Middle Eastern grocery store in Memphis so I even get groceries there. I am the only vegetarian I know in this town.
Waaa, waaaa, waaaa. Enough whining.
I think I'm getting a little weird though about the way that I can do one thing almost all day long. I wonder if I could have some Asperger's?
I've gotten so that I hate to put makeup on, but I don't want anyone to see me without it. I put my hair in electric rollers today; I had forgotten how good it can look, especially now that it's very long (almost middle of my back). Black linen slack and a black tee, and I was off to the post office and the local Sonic to mail packages and then get the best Diet Coke in the world. Is there anything that tastes better than that first Diet Coke from Sonic? I suppose I used to think that about coffee when I drank it all day long, even during the summer. Isn't there something pitiful about looking forward to a Sonic Diet Coke?

3 comments:

Marie said...

No, nothing pitiful. The best things in life are the simplest.

guppyman said...

I am flattered! I'm clicking thru on blogmad and I see a picture that I took on someone else's blog... That is pretty cool. Enjoy it...

And no... I'm not here saying not to use it... I'm really glad you thought enough of it to do so...

:)

guppyman said...

Wow to getting it on a free photo thing! That's funny... I had no idea people liked em enough to put them somewhere... I need to start searching through some photo sites I guess. Thanks for the credit, But it wasn't even necessary really... The reality was... It just kinda freaked me out to see a picture that I took somewhere i didn't expect to see it. I think it's cool to be honest....

Thanks for dropping by!